The DOGA Award for Newcomers is an annual award by DOGA (Design and Architecture Norway). The Newcomer award showcases new talent from across the fields of design and architecture.
The award aims to promote the value of young visionary minds when creating the best solutions for the future.
What do winners receive?
Winners of the DOGA Award for Newcomers are showcased on the same stage as the winners of the DOGA Award for Design and Architecture. The joint arena facilitates new connections and collaboration between young creatives and the established industry.
The awards ceremony takes place during the DOGA conference in Jaunuary 2020. Winners of the Newcomer Award are invited to join a workshop on presentation technique, and given the opportunity to present their project as part of the conference.
The winning projects will be part of an exhibition at DOGA, opening the same day as the DOGA conference.
Each winner of the DOGA Award for Newcomers receives a monetary prize of NOK 5 000.
Among recipients of the DOGA Award for Newcomers, one or more are nominated for the DOGA Honorary Award. The winners of this Honorary Award receives NOK 20 000.
Who can apply?
The DOGA Award for Newcomers can be entered by students and newly established designers and architect from all disciplines.
- You can enter up to five years after graduation.
- Entrants can either live in Norway, or be a Norwegian living abroad.
- Your project does not have to be realised.
- There is no submission fee, and you can submit as many projects as you like.
- You can apply with any kind of projects: solo projects, group projects etc.
- Multi-disciplinary projects are welcome.