People-centred, empathic techniques are the new future for Inclusive Design and Architecture. This workshop will outline people-centred place making activities to provide you with a framework for sustainable development in urban environments and architecture-led projects.
New for 2019, we will outline an innovative four-stage process newly developed by the facilitators along with architects and practitioners. Onny and Rama will take small teams of participants on a journey to transform your creative practice, both personally and organisationally.
Using creative and empathic design techniques you will:
- Upskill yourself with inclusive tools for architecture and urban planning you can use the next day
- Understand a values-based framework for discovery and understanding
- Share your hopes and fears for future spaces and places, discussing and identifying key issues to build a shared understanding.
- Work with a range of people-centred techniques to explore how different people experience every day spaces and places
- Understand how to work with lead users to identify problems, barriers and opportunities in physical environments
- Build on your discovery work to clarify insights and create a dream checklist of future features
- Learn how prototypes can be effective learning and communication tools (even when they are very simple)
- Use role play to present a vision, your dream team and the roadmap that helps you to deliver change.