The main goal of these grants is to promote a positive image of Norway internationally through the presentation of Norwegian architecture and design of high professional quality. The programme also contributes to internationalising Norwegian architecture and design by facilitating increased contact, collaboration and knowledge sharing between the disciplines and other relevant groups, both in Norway and abroad.
Who can apply?
The grants are intended for designers and architects with a recognised professional education and, in exceptional cases, graduate students. Applicants must be a Norwegian citizen or legal resident of Norway.
Grants are offered for:
- Expenses for shipping works, participation fees and travel associated with the exhibition or presentation of the applicant’s work at important international events or trade fairs abroad.
- The same types of expenses associated with participation, whether playing an active role or participating in professional seminars, if participation is considered of significance for the field of architecture and design.
Grants are not offered for:
- Project development and production or property rentals.
- Study tours or continued education.
- Events that took place before the application was sent in. • Food and drink.
The council assesses the applications based on the following principles:
- Professional design and architecture assessment of work in question.
- Assessment of arena/event in question.
- Young talents are prioritised over well-established professionals.
- Young talents are followed up over time.
There are two application deadlines each year for the travel grants: 15 May and 15 November.
Read more about the programme and application procedure here.